Friday, December 4, 2009

Walking Bangkok

Today I went out without any predefined itinerary. I took the metro and went down at the last station and began to walk. The first thing I saw was a small temple where a gold Buddha is placed.

Is a 5 ton gold Buddha, discovered by luck. Then I entered Chinatown, full of street business, not only food and crafts, but massages, facial cleaning, repairing, etc.

After some streets only for repairing old cars I arrived to something called the golden mountain. A temple on top of a mountain with beautiful Buddha and great city view.

Some blocks ahead was a Muay Thai fights stadium, but there were no fights today :(


This is my last post of the trip. Tomorrow I’ll travel to Chiang Mai, to begin my meditation retreat, so no Internet, and no tourism. I hope you liked what I wrote. Till the next one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment