Thursday, December 3, 2009

Bangkok

Amazing vibrant city, a strange mixture of Buddhism, fashion and delicious food. Hordes of American tourists (even more than local Thais in some places), food in every street and every corner, people praying in the streets and temples, and a hot and humid weather.

As my flight from Mumbai was cancelled I arrived today at 5am, and after some small difficulties to get trough migration control, I arrived to the hotel to have some sleep.

At noon, was lost for some time trying to get the metro and the ship that would take me to the Wat Pho temple which holds the 46m reclining Buddha.

Finally I found my way, and after the Buddha I went across the street to one of the main attractions in the city, The Grand Palace.

Beautiful and perfectly maintained palace, which includes the monastery of the emerald Buddha.

1 comment:

  1. te perdiste???? auchhh....Juan, ese buda reclinado es un espectáculo...y los templos se ven todos mucho más decorados con Oro que los que vimos...
    besos,

    ReplyDelete